PerkinElmer Presents Latest Analytical Innovations at Analytica 2012
WALTHAM, Mass. – April 13, 2012 – PerkinElmer, Inc., a global leader focused on improving the health and safety of people and the environment, today announced that it will showcase technologies and services at the Analytica 2012 conference in Munich, Germany, April 17-20, at the New Munich Trade Fair Centre, Booth 401, Hall 2. PerkinElmer’s innovative solutions provide customers with the tools they need to perform accurate analyses on a broad range of environmental, food, pharmaceutical and industrial samples.
“We are pleased to participate in Analytica 2012 and share our continued commitment to addressing the needs of laboratories that require critical analytical solutions such as instrumentation, consumables, informatics and laboratory services,” said Dusty Tenney, president, Analytical Sciences and Laboratory Services, PerkinElmer. “PerkinElmer solutions enable customers to gain access to the insights they need to make better decisions that help advance research for better human and environmental health.”
PerkinElmer Customer Sessions at Analytica 2012 include:
Discover the Potential of TOF MS
Hall A2, Room #A212, the Munich Trade Fair Center
- April 17th 2012 – 11:00, 14:00 and 15:30
- April 18th 2012 – 11:00
- April 19th 2012 – 11:00, 14:00 and 15:30
- April 20th 2012 – 11:00, 14:00 and 15:30
Learn how the new AxION ™ 2 TOF MS system, including a new innovative ambient ion source could improve lab productivity. See how it offers optimum sensitivity, minimal or no sample preparation, exceptionally fast acquisition rates for superior throughput and full spectrum accurate mass data collection. The session includes presentations, application spotlights and the opportunity to discuss application requirements with PerkinElmer experts.
PerkinElmer products and services on display at Analytica 2012 include:
- The AxION™ Time of Flight (TOF) Mass Spectrometer hardware and software platform is specifically designed to deliver rapid and accurate mass identification and quantification to ensure safer pharmaceutical and food products. The instrument offers optimum sensitivity and high throughput, and can measure and record every exact mass in each analysis.
- The Flexar™ FX-15 UHPLC liquid chromatography system includes a dual-reciprocating 18,000 psi pump which provides as much as ten times or more improvement in laboratory productivity. The system provides high resolution and sensitivity for achieving greater sample information in less time. The user interface is streamlined to improve throughput and optimize operator safety. An integral part of the Flexar LC product line, the Flexar SQ 300 MS is the ultimate QA/QC tool as it brings together exceptional chromatography with an innovative and rugged single quadrupole mass spectrometer.
- Brownlee Superficially Porous Particle (SPP) columns for use in liquid chromatography applications provide sharper peaks and faster separation results without changing instruments, worrying about high backpressure or compromising column longevity. The advanced design of the SPP columns allows for a shorter diffusion path, which reduces the time that solute molecules spend inside the particles while passing through the stationary phase generating “UHPLC-like” separations on a standard HPLC system.
- The Supra-Clean™ and Supra-Poly™ Solid Phase Extraction SPE product lines are designed for fast and accurate sample preparation for environmental, food and pharmaceutical analysis. The products offer customers specializing in quality control and product safety and integrity a sample preparation solution that decreases preparation time, while maintaining a high level of reproducibility.
- The Clarus® SQ 8 GC/MS delivers reliable throughput and productivity for analysts requiring extreme sensitivity, such as in environmental and food testing applications. By minimizing requirements for instrument calibration and reducing the need for sample preparation and concentration, the system dramatically improves workflow and provides consistent and reliable results. Its revolutionary SMARTSource™ technology provides unprecedented access, ease of use, and maintenance for users, resulting in increased uptime and reduced operating costs.
- Engineered to deliver stability, flexibility and performance, the award-winning NexION® 300 ICP-MS represents the first ICP-MS instrument that can offer the simplicity and convenience of a collision cell with the exceptional detection limits of a true reaction cell. With its patented Universal Cell Technology™ (UCT), analysts can now choose the most appropriate technique for a specific sample or application.
- The award-wining Optima™ 8x00 ICP-OES platform offers improved performance and reduced operating costs for determining the elemental composition of a wide variety of samples. A novel electronic sample introduction system provides superior sensitivity and innovative radio frequency (RF) generator technology dramatically reduces total cost of operation by reducing argon gas consumption. With exceptional throughput and detection limits, this easy to use instrument platform lowers cost per analysis and helps laboratories meet the continued challenges of a variety of markets including but not limited to the environmental, food, consumer products, pharmaceuticals and geochemical applications.
- Taking atomic absorption to new levels, the compact PinAAcle™ 900 AA spectrometer is technically superior to its rivals offering the performance needed for environmental, food and consumer product testing. Based on an optical system that utilizes state-of-the-art fiber optics, the instrument has a newly designed light path which shapes 100% of the beam resulting in the smallest footprint of any combined flame/granite furnace AA system on the market.
- The compact Spectrum Two™ FT-IR spectrometer combines superb performance with low maintenance, and can be used by non-expert users outside of traditional laboratory environments. In even the most demanding applications, PerkinElmer’s Frontier™ system offers superior near-, mid- and far- IR spectroscopic performance. The instrument combines sensitivity with flexibility for use in a variety of application areas including food, water, environment and pharmaceutical testing.
- For the accurate characterization of sample materials such as pharmaceutical tablets or polymers, the STA 6000 Thermal Analyzer provides simultaneous measurement and analysis of weight change and heat flow for routine and research applications.
- With a global team of certified, factory-trained Customer Support Engineers in more than 150 countries, OneSource® Laboratory Services from PerkinElmer is a single source for all instrument maintenance and repair needs. Flexible and scalable, OneSource programs are tailored to the specific needs and goals of individual customers. OneSource offers the most comprehensive portfolio of professional laboratory services in the industry, including complete care programs for nearly every technology and manufacturer.
About PerkinElmer, Inc.
PerkinElmer, Inc. is a global leader focused on improving the health and safety of people and the environment. The company reported revenue of approximately $1.9 billion in 2011, has about 7,000 employees serving customers in more than 150 countries, and is a component of the S&P 500 Index. Additional information is available through 1-877-PKI-NYSE, or at www.perkinelmer.com.
# # #
Amanda L. Connolly
Edelman (On behalf of PerkinElmer, Inc.)