PerkinElmer Launches Innovative Informatics Solutions at the American Chemical Society Spring 2012 National Meeting & Exposition
SAN DIEGO, CA. – March 23, 2012 – At the American Chemical Society (ACS)Spring 2012 National Meeting & Exposition (Booth #218), PerkinElmer, Inc., a global leader focused on improving the health and safety of people and the environment, will be showcasing new chemistry-focused informatics solutions and technologies, including the Reaction Genius® software platform for better chemistry knowledge sharing and workflow productivity.
The Reaction Genius application enables rapid chemical reaction search and chemistry analytics for Electronic Laboratory Notebook (ELN) platforms, providing scientists with an operational understanding of the chemistry being performed throughout their research organization – for better operational impact and business relevance.
The software is an easy-to-use, web-based solution that provides critical research answers to chemists by offering immediate and enterprise-wide visibility to internal chemical information stored on a variety of global platforms, including ELNs. Researchers can find data relevant to their experimentation by substructure, reaction, similarity and other metadata associated with their projects. The software can search and retrieve hundreds of thousands of chemical reactions in seconds, and display them via a customized dashboard.
“We are very pleased to launch the Reaction Genius offering at ACS, as part of our mission to enable the most productive informatics-based chemistry research environments possible for our customers,” said Michael Stapleton, general manager, Informatics, PerkinElmer.
He added, "The software helps provide a complete picture of an organization’s chemistry-based research assets, and answers key questions such as: who within the organization is making what chemical structure; how many novel compounds are produced daily; and, how productive are each of our sites, departments or projects? The Reaction Genius tool provides the data and analytics for finding those answers necessary to business success.”
At Booth #218 on the ACS Spring 2012 Exposition, PerkinElmer will also showcase existing informatics products including:
- Ensemble for ChemistryTM software – a suite of applications to improve efficiency through tools and content to plan and record experiments, create structure-searchable databases of compounds, reactions and data, and locate, share and communicate their results directly in their workflow.
- ChemDraw® software – the industry-leading molecular editor used by chemistry professionals the world over.
- ChemBioOffice® Desktop – the software suite that combines ChemBioDraw, ChemBio3D, ChemFinder, BioViz and ChemACX, in the world’s premier desktop suite designed for both chemists and biologists.
- E-Notebook with Bioassay –PerkinElmer’s flagship Electronic Laboratory Notebook (ELN) which offers exciting new usability updates, and specific applications for bioassay-related research.
- Structure GeniusTM software– the tool that leverages the latest Optical Structure Recognition (OSR) technology to scan Microsoft Word®, PowerPoint®, and Excel®, and PDF file formats, looking for pictures of chemical structures and pasted structures from drawing programs.
- Method Genius® software – the application for eliminating trial and error in analytical method development, connecting the methods, structures and parameters that are stored across various platforms, ‘learns’ what is the most efficient process to employ and suggests to the scientist what to try.
- ChemACX®database, the Available Chemicals Exchange – a database that provides a unified, up-to-date, structure-searchable source of more than2.6 million unique chemicals from over 635 suppliers worldwide.
PerkinElmer analytical solutions on display at ACS 2012 include:
- DSC® 8500 Differential Scanning Calorimetry solution – for gaining insights into the structure, properties and performance of materials.
- Flexar™ X-15 UHPLC system – ultra-high performance liquid chromatography platform for achieving greater sample information in less time.
- Spectrum Two™ infrared spectrometer – to perform fast, accurate IR analysis, and assure quality of materials across a wide range of applications.
- LAMBDA™ 35 UV/Vis spectrophotometer – for measurements on liquids, solids, pastes and powder samples and regulatory tests requiring variable bandwidths.
For more information about the PerkinElmer offerings at ACS, including in-booth education and product demonstrations, please visit our conference web page.
About PerkinElmer, Inc.
PerkinElmer, Inc. is a global leader focused on improving the health and safety of people and the environment. The Company reported revenue of approximately $1.9 billion in 2011, has about 7,000 employees serving customers in more than 150 countries, and is a component of the S&P 500 Index. Additional information is available through 1-877-PKI-NYSE, or at www.perkinelmer.com.
# # #
Corporate Public Relations Manager
Phone: (781) 663-5602