PerkinElmer Highlights New Drug Discovery Solutions at SBS 2010
PHOENIX - PerkinElmer, Inc., a global leader focused on the health and safety of people and the environment, today announced its latest drug discovery solutions for global research institutions and biopharmaceutical companies at the Society for Biomolecular Sciences 2010, April 11-15 at Booth 701.
PerkinElmer will be showcasing several new drug discovery technologies and applications - including new Alpha technologies, additional ready-to-use GPCR frozen cells and radiochemicals compounds - that are designed to help scientists gain further research insights into numerous disease states, offering new possibilities for drug discovery.
PerkinElmer's new technologies on display at SBS Booth 701 include:
- 12 New GPCR Targets Validated for Label-Free Applications using the Corning® Epic® System, including 8 GPCR cell lines and 10 ready-to-use frozen cells.
- 72 New GPCR Ready-to-Use Frozen Cell Lines - expanding the Company's AequoZen® and cAMPZen® portfolio to more than 115 validated cell lines targeted at a wide range of key disease states.
- 19 New AlphaLISA® "No Wash" Immunoassay kits - for biomarker detection including non-human targets and new mouse-specific kits.
- 9 New AlphaScreen® SureFire® Kits - to detect endogenous cellular kinases with "No Wash" cellular kinase and signaling pathway kits.
- New LANCE®Ultra cAMP Detection Kit - to increase sensitivity and robustness for the study of complex GPCR targets for high throughput screening applications.
- EnSpire™ Multilabel Plate Reader with ultra-sensitive luminescence - allowing scientists to utilize fewer cells and obtain the same signal as standard luminescence, saving precious cells while delivering high performance detection and easy to use software in an affordable platform adaptable for any size laboratory.
PerkinElmer's Full-Day Customer Interactive Workshop:
Sunday, April 11th, 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Convention Center, Room 128 AB
Come explore the knowledge, expertise and growing innovation of PerkinElmer's products and applications that are helping to make continued advancements in cell screening, automation and analysis. A series of user presentations will offer an overview of leading solutions and novel techniques being applied to aid in the future of cellular biological research.
For more information about the PerkinElmer offerings at SBS, including in-booth education, customer workshops, technical posters and presentations, visit www.perkinelmer.com/sbs2010.
About PerkinElmer, Inc.
PerkinElmer, Inc. is a global leader focused on improving the health and safety of people and the environment. The Company reported revenues of approximately $1.8 billion in 2009 with 8,500 employees serving customers in more than 150 countries, and is a component of the S&P 500 Index. Additional information is available through www.perkinelmer.com or 1-877-PKI-NYSE.
Phone: (781) 663-5871